Wanna One’s Yoon Jisung has reportedly been cast for a role in the upcoming musical, The Days, and is currently reviewing the details.
MMO Entertainment has revealed that the idol has been offered a role and that they are positively reviewing the details at the moment.
“It is true that Yoon Jisung has received an offer for a musical apperance but he must focus on Wanna One promotions at the moment. We have not confirmed his appearance on the musical but are currently positively reviewing the details.”
ㅡ MMO Entertainment
If Yoon Jisung decides to take on the role, it would mark his debut as a musical actor and will be his first step after promotions with Wanna One come to an end at the end of this year.
After hearing news of Yoon Jisung’s possible debut as a musical actor, many netizens have been mocking the idol, claiming that his skills were not suitable for performing in a musical.
- “Lmao. Are you kidding me, a musical?”
- “…?? Is the casting staff stupid…? Yoon Jisung considering the offer and the casting staff casting Yoon Jisung…They’re both crazy”
- “ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He’s a sub vocal in an idol group where even the main vocals are criticized ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yea I don’t think acting is for him…”
- “Can I just take a moment to laugh?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “If only he did his best on his work now, people wouldn’t be so harsh. He can’t even perfect a 3-minute long dance and makes mistakes. How is he ever going to do a musical ㅋㅋㅋ”
Some have even been accusing him of being favored by the PD of Produce 101.
- “Yoon Jisung got so much airtime on Produce ㅋㅋ”
- “I’m watching Produce again and he was totally the PD pick. How could they edit the program like that as if he was super talented? I am once again amazed at the power of editing and I realize that you can never judge a person just by what is shown on TV”
- “I’m watching the rerun of Produce and it’s infuriatingㅋㅋㅋ”
And even Wannables have posting sarcastic comments, expressing that they supported his musical acting career so that he could leave Wanna One.
- “We don’t care about the feelings of musical fans. Wannables are just happy”
- “Wannables support Yoon Jisung’s career path with musicals. Please only do musicals from now on! Yoon Jisung fans will buy all the tickets. We don’t even have enough money to spend on the rest of the Wanna One members^^”
- “I’m a Wannable and I completely support Yoon Jisung’s musical acting career!”
- “For one thing, those who are angry about Yoon Jisung’s musical are not Wannables. Wannables were worried Wanna One might come out with a unit including Yoon Jisung so we’re happy!”
- “I’m against Wanna One extending their promotions but if Yoon Jisung leaves to do musicals, then I think I could bare another couple of months…”